- 1 large avocado
- 1 banana
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons honey, agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Place all ingredients in food processor. Process until extremely smooth. (You can’t over-process this one, so do keep going until it’s perfectly mousse-like!)
- 2. Spoon mousse into individual dishes and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before eating.
What makes this raw chocolate mousse recipe so special? The addition of avocado gives it that fluffy, mousse-like texture. And to get the full effect of the texture, you’ll want to refrigerate it for at least 1 hour before noshing on it!
Note that the coconut oil is an important ingredient – it’s what helps the mousse harden up a bit in the fridge.
Because this is such a small recipe, it whips up best when made in a food processor.
For extra flavor and fun, add fresh berries to your mousse when eating!
PS: Make sure your banana and avocado are fresh and at the peak of perfection.
Source – https://www.therawtarian.com/raw-chocolate-mousse-recipe